Search This Blog

06 March 2013

March is READING Month!

In the Upper Montessori classroom we celebrate READING all year!  We work hard to grow as readers and to become deep thinkers.  For the month of March we are celebrating many of the building's special reading events.  This Friday is Read-in-the-Dark Day!  Students may bring flashlights for this day and a pillow/stuffed animal. (Don't get too crazy!)

As a homework project we are also completing a March is Reading Month Bingo Board.  Students need to complete 4 rows of their Bingo Board by March 28.  (For every student that completes the WHOLE board I will enter my name in the human bowling game!)

Bingo Boards have been out in the classroom for days.  If your student doesn't have one make sure they grab one tomorrow!

**Regarding Graphic Novels:  I had to think about this for a bit.  I've decided that to grow as readers we need to push ourselves a bit!  Therefore, I am going to restrict graphic novel reading to Fridays in the classroom and furthermore, graphic novels may count toward 1/2 of the weekly homework reading total.  Be sure to let me know if you have questions!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

can we wear pajamas?