Search This Blog

11 February 2013

The Homework Situation

This morning my two children were very sad and a little disgusted that they had school but I didn't.  However, I reassured them that since my travel to Waukazoo is on all main roads I would also be going to school!

Upon arrival I noticed that several students had turned homework folders into the homework bins.

Okay.

I gave specific instructions that I was loading all students up with weekend homework since I would be gone on Friday (and in the event of a snow day).  Homework folders were not to be brought to school at all on Friday.  Yet, there are approximately 7-8 folders in the bins.  Even if students had brought folders to school on Friday they should have taken them back home.

For this reason students will not be excused from homework simply because their folder was turned in on Friday and forgotten.  Students should have the 2.5 pages of writing completed and they should have made substantial progress on their tall tales and legends reading (or even finished).  (Three tall tales and legends reading responses are also due by this Friday.)  The 4th grade math homework is also due tomorrow.

Parents, please do not come in to school early on Tuesday (before school) to get the folder from the classroom and add a last minute signature.  This will not help your child learn from this mistake.

Mrs. Perrien

No comments: