Search This Blog

23 September 2012

Three weeks and counting...

These past three weeks we've covered A LOT of routines and procedures. We've set up the learning environment. We did preliminary assessments in reading and writing and took math tests to determine where we should begin this year. These can all seem tedious because we review and practice, review and discuss. However, the payoff is a well-run classroom with a group of students ready to hit the ground running for the rest of the school year.  As always, my goal is to have a classroom that takes care of itself in such a way that I could leave and the students would not miss me.

Speaking of hitting the ground running...this last week we worked within our first workplan of the school year.  This first one will seem to have a lot of unfinished assignments on it, but they're really not unfinished.  There were two lessons we didn't get to this past week, as well as some work with poetry.  These both carried over to this next week.  The back of the workplan has the student's weekly reflection.  This is where students reflect on their week in school and I sign off.  Next it comes home on Monday night (tomorrow) for a parent signature.

I have enjoyed getting to know the new students these past three weeks! We have some wonderful personalities joining us this year and I love the diversity in our class.

Thank you again to the new parents for taking time out of your busy schedules to attend the recent Upper Montessori parent night. I should also thank you for completing your Friday homework assignment!  Please contact me if you have any other questions.

This coming Friday (Sept. 28) is the school's Fun Run!  I will be there, although I do have to leave early as I'm driving my girls to Frankenmuth for a much needed mother-daughter getaway.  We've had this trip planned for a few weeks; we'll be visiting Bronners and shopping till we drop!  Good times!  Regardless of my busy plans, I hope you'll be able to drop in for a bit on Friday night.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week; it's the LAST WEEK OF SEPTEMBER!  (Wow!)

-Mrs. Perrien


No comments: