Search This Blog

17 October 2011

Important Dates for 5th Graders

5th grade Parents-

Please make note of the following orchestra dates:

This Thursday, all 5th graders will get a visit from the middle school orchestra teacher and a few orchestra students. 

We will visit the middle school next week to see and hear the middle school orchestra in action. (This is my favorite trip!)

Finally, a parent meeting is scheduled for Thursday, October 27 at 7 p.m. in the Harbor Lights cafeteria.  (A note should have gone home last week explaining the parent meeting.)

**I strongly encourage you to consider orchestra for your 5th grader.  It was a wonderful experience for Evelyn.  I "forced" her to play, and she now loves the violin!  (Score one for Mom!)  I also found her teacher, Mr. Rizner, to be the absolute best at introducing her to this new medium, and inspiring her to want to learn and grow as a violinist!

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Mrs. Perrien

No comments: