Search This Blog

16 March 2011

Timeline Reminder

Parents-

My own child got after me tonight about the timeline being due on Friday.  Apparently, some of the kids are confused.  THE TIMELINE IS NOT DUE ON FRIDAY.  The timeline is due on MONDAY.  Based on what was shared in class today, we are in for a treat!  I'm excited to learn more about several famous women in history. 

March is Women's History Month; be proud of the many wonderful women who've played a role in the history of our nation and of the world.  I am uniquely inspired by a few women in history:  Eleanor Roosevelt, Margaret Thatcher, Maria Montessori, Maya Angelou, Laura Ingalls Wilder, and Rosa Parks.  I continue to be inspired by others:  Lucy Calkins, Stephanie Harvey, Sister Mary Motz, and my grandmother, Marion Croel.

Sites to learn more:

Library of Congress, Women's History Month

National Women's History Project

No comments: