Search This Blog

23 October 2010

Spelling Starts on October 25!

Time really does fly by so quickly.  When I was working on back-to-school paperwork the date of October 25th seemed a long way off!

Spelling will be starting this coming week.  Students will take their pretest in small groups with either a parent volunteer, Mr. Edwards, or myself.  They will correct their own tests. A printed copy of the word list that comes home on Monday is for you to keep at home for practice. Please sign and return the pretest.
I will send the final tests home either Friday or Monday each week. Any words missed will be added to the next week's list. If at any time you feel your child's words are too easy or too hard, please let me know. I want spelling to be the best experience for each child, yet be challenging as well. 

On Tuesday I will send home a set of spelling practice ideas for you to keep at home. These ideas are not assignments that need to be returned to school, just ideas for your son or daughter to use when practicing their words.

I recommend that students study spelling twice per week at home in the evening.  If you feel that more practice is needed, please feel free to adjust accordingly.

No comments: