Search This Blog

15 June 2010

Summer Schedule and a Reading Website

I've already noticed that my girls need to have a summer schedule!  In addition to the planned lessons and camps that have us out and about, we have set up an "At Home" schedule that includes 30 minutes of daily reading, plus math fact practice, and chores.  Next week we will begin doing "A Page a Day" from a grade level math workbook--something that will keep the girls sharp and prevent the summer knowledge slide.

Limited TV viewing is just a fact of life at our house.  When the TV is off I do very little entertaining.  Instead I have provided for my girls colored pencils, paper, clay, Legos, toy cars, dolls, and much, much more.  Telling my girls to learn to use their OWN imagination is the best gift I can give my children.  Of course, we play outside everyday!  And yes, I do play with my children, too! 

The website, Kids Reads, is a great reading website full of book recommendations, kid's activities, and book trivia.  It's a great place to visit to find new reading ideas!

No comments: