Search This Blog

25 May 2010

Year End Housekeeping

There are several things to keep in mind as the year is winding down. First of all, ALL library books are now check-out in school only. Library books may no longer come home. Children need to make sure they carefully check around the house for both SCHOOL library books and CLASSROOM library books. (Especially classroom books, I am missing several from the classroom collection.) Please return these books to school as they are found.

UPCOMING EVENTS

  • Popsicle Days: May 28 and June 10
  • Discovery Days: June 10
  • Half-Day of School: June 11

SUMMER ANIMAL CARE

Are you interested in taking one of our classroom pets for the summer? Several need homes! This includes our fiddler crab (fish tank –like set-up), hermit crab, hissing cockroaches (easiest to care for!), one goldfish and the Dwarf African Frogs (The fish and frogs could go together). Our Beta fish also needs a home. If you're interested, please send me an email or send a handwritten note. When the kids tell me their mom or dad said it's okay, I always tell them it's not okay until mom or dad send a note!

DISCOVERY DAYS VOLUNTEER

I am in need of five parent volunteers to help with my discover days project. It's a lot of fun! We'll be making Father's Day crafts, cards, and wrapping the crafts as gifts. I'll also need a parent willing to lend me an iron for the day. If you're willing to help please let me know. Lunch will be on me!

BAGS FOR YEAR-END CLEANING    

If you have extra plastic bags in your home please send a few. We'll be using them as we do year end cleaning and classroom maintenance.

I'm sure more ideas will come to mind. I'll let you know when I think of them!

No comments: