Search This Blog

22 November 2009

Classroom News

Hello everyone!

 

I would like to thank Mrs. Perrien for allowing me to post information on an upcoming event in the classroom this week!  My hopes for this posting are to give the parents a "heads up" on what we will be doing during this short week.

 

With only two days in the classroom, Mrs. Perrien and I have decided not to give the students a work plan to complete.  Instead, we will be taking them through an intensive writing workshop, where we will be learning (and writing) tons!  Our focus will be on writing fictional stories (we have been writing personal narratives up to this point).  We will be discussing what fiction is (a literary work based on the imagination and not necessarily on fact), how to develop believable characters with internal/external traits, plotting with a story mountain, planning and writing scenes, and how to revise/reread with a lens.  We will be hard at work on Monday and Tuesday!

 

 I am very excited for this week to begin, and think the students will really enjoy themselves!

 

 

Also, I wanted to say a quick THANK YOU to all who came to my basketball game last Tuesday night...it was a wonderful surprise!!

No comments: